This is a recipe I adapted from ‘Sea & Shore’ by Emily Scott, as featured in ‘Delicious Magazine’ May 2021 edition. Emily’s original recipe is for ‘Cornish crab linguine with chilli, lemon & parsley’. I recreated it with Pembrokeshire Crab sourced from my favourites at Selwyn’s Seafood Shack on Gower.
As Emily herself says ‘This recipe would perhaps be a last meal request for me – it contains all the ingredients I love. Crab, pasta, lemon, parsley, chilli, parmesan and olive oil… The textures and flavours of pure happiness. It goes deliciously with a cold glass of Sauvignon blanc.’
I could not agree more… Emily is a girl after my own heart!
Recipe (to serve 2)
- 200g dried linguine pasta
- 125g fresh Pembrokeshire crabmeat
- 1 fresh red chilli, deseeded & finely chopped
- Bunch flatleaf parsley, chopped
- Juice of half a lemon
- Olive oil for drizzling
- Parmesan, grated
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the pasta and cook according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, combine the crabmeat in a large bowl with the chilli, parsley & lemon juice.
- Drain the pasta (reserving some of the cooking water) and add to the crab mixture along with a tbsp of the pasta cooking water. Use tongs to thoroughly mix the pasta with the crab so it gets a good coating of sauce.
- Serve in bowls and add a generous amount of parmesan, a drizzle of olive oil and a grinding of black pepper.